Monday, October 15, 2012

So this week I decided to use a meal plan.  I am using Meal Plan 1 from 100 Days of Real Food.  Using a meal plan is an easy way to budget and make meal time less stressful.  There are tons of great sites to use that offer whole foods menus.  Sites like Plan to Eat, The Fresh 20, or The Scramble are just a few.  Check them out and see if one might work for you.

Tonight was wild caught fish sauteed with butter and lemon.  I chose some wild-caught cod fillets.  They were so delicious in the butter and lemon sauce.  It reminded me of eating lobster.  We also had green beans, acorn squash and a box of Annie's mac and cheese (as a thank you to the kids for being so agreeable during this challenge).  They both tried some acorn squash - neither were very impressed with their first taste.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.

I'm going to rearrange some of the days in this week's menu since I will have company on Friday.  That's the beauty of the meal plan.  I used the grocery list, have all the ingredients I need for breakfast, lunch and dinner this week, and can use them in whatever order I want.  Love it.  Why didn't I do this in the first place??

No comments:

Post a Comment