Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's Sunday!!  A day of rest, a day of planning for the week ahead....

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon at The Land of Little Horses in Gettysburg.  It was a beautiful afternoon and we really had a great time.  Then we came home and got out the kite.  It was so much fun running up and down our street to get the kite to fly!  So thankful for such a beautiful and fun fall day!

For dinner I prepared another recipe from my Whole Foods app.  The gluten-free tuna noodle casserole was quick and easy.  I was surprised at how nice the sauce was, being made from almond milk, potatoes, garlic and salt and pepper.  Of course, I played around with the recipe, as I like to do, and added some celery salt and parmesan cheese.  The bread crumbs, slivered almonds and paprika on top gave it a nice crunch. The kids liked it, my hubby had seconds and I have found another recipe to keep in our rotation!  We also had some green beans, which were canned by my mother, and possibly strung by my children over the summer.   For dessert, we had some fresh strawberries.

Then we all sat down to watch the WV Mountaineers take on the TX Longhorns (which my son kept calling "the bulls").  What a nail-biter!  In the end, our Mountaineers were victorious!  Great way to start off in the Big 12 conference!!

More later on what will be on our weekly menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment