Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1st!  Already?! 

Well, October Unprocessed may be over, but here in our house, we're just getting started.

Hubby has lost over 10 lbs. - and he was only eating "unprocessed" at dinner!  The kids have tried so many new things.  I enjoy cooking again!

We are so not stopping now!!


How about Nourishing November?  Or, No Nasties November?  (I read that on another blog, but can't remember which one at the moment - sorry!)

Whatever we call it, we are still on our journey to natural nourishment.  That's it - Natural Nourishment November! 

But before I get going with November plans, I have to share what I made for dinner last night - Chocolate Brownie Waffles!  First, let me start with the story behind why I made that for dinner.  Yesterday morning, bright and early, my darling daughter went to the orthodontist.  She was scheduled to get her bottom braces, which she did.  However, on the way to drop her off at school, two of the newly applied brackets came off.  Sooooo, we turned around and headed back to the orthodontist.  They had to remove the wire, reapply the brackets and put the wire in again.  This caused my baby girl some serious discomfort.  I had packed her favorite spinach tortellini for lunch and she didn't eat any of them.  :( 

Well, one of her favorite dinners is breakfast dinner.  She loves waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon.  So I checked out some recipes on The Gracious Pantry and found this recipe for super yummy sounding waffles!

(I had to borrow her picture - since I did not take one.  And she takes amazing food photos.  Seriously.  You have to check out her website!)  The waffles are amazing!  I made a double batch and have some in the freezer for next week!  They are totally incredible with some all-fruit raspberry spread on them.  Woohoo! 

I thought these waffles would cheer up my sweet girl - and they'd be easy to eat if she cut them in small pieces.  I did get a weak smile out of her, but she still didn't eat much yesterday.  Poor thing.  I remember the days of indescribable mouth soreness from braces.  Not. Fun. 

She is feeling better today and she had two waffles for breakfast this morning.  <<smile>>

I made some salmon and brown rice for dinner so she wouldn't have to chew much.  I know.  I know.  I'm probably being too nice.  I just feel so bad for her.  She didn't even go trick-or-treating last night.  She stayed on the couch with a hot water bottle on her cheeks. 

As we were saying good night, I was telling her how the pain won't last and that I remember what it feels like - and she says to me "yeah, but you never had to get braces put on twice in, like, the same hour".  True that.

No comments:

Post a Comment