Thursday, September 27, 2012

Good morning!  I already have dinner in the crockpot!  Yay me!  Tonight we are having chicken tacos - and I got the idea from one of my favorite websites - The Gracious Pantry.  If you follow the link, you'll see she also has a recipe for homemade taco seasoning.  I always have a jar of this made up in my spice cabinet.  It's super easy to mix up, delicious and soooo much better than the store bought packs full of artificial stuff. 

I also wanted to share with you what I'm having for breakfast.  This is my absolute, most favorite green smoothie ever.  It is called Dreamy Green Creamsicle and the recipe can be found here.  Kate Kim is a fellow IIN graduate who held a green smoothie challenge over the summer.  That was when I first discovered this tall glass of deliciousness.  It is the reason I always have a bag of  peaches in my freezer and almond milk in my fridge.  This morning I used some collard greens and spinach instead of the kale.  If that sounds disgusting to you, you have to try this.  It tastes like an orange creamsicle - it really does!  If you've been on the fence about trying green smoothies, this would be a great one to start off with.  If you're worried about tasting the "green" then spinach is the way to go.  You absolutely cannot taste it at all. 

I love starting the morning with a green smoothie.  It's a quick, easy way to start the day off with up to 4 servings of fruits and vegetables.  And they're yummy.  And they make me feel great.

Now I'm off to make some soup for next week.  I love fall soup weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment